Those who choose to work in the world of wine tend to follow a passsion rather than simply carry out a job to pay the bills. And so, everybody at LA SPINETTA is a little bit of a wine enthusiast, Rivetti or non-Rivetti, everybody is dedicated to making great wines with passion and understanding, living the philosophy that lies behind each of the wines LA SPINETTA produces.
Barbaresco “Gallina” La Spinetta derives from an important cru of the Langhe and is expressed in the glass with extraordinary elegance, feminine grace and energetic virile. After an aging of 22 months in barrique it emanates complex and intense aromas of berries, citrus peel and oriental spices. The sip is graceful, juicy, long and very harmonious
- Vineyards: From Gallina cru in Neive, middle age of the vine of 55 years, rooted in a calcareous soil faced to South at 270 m above sea level. With no use of herbicedes or pesticides
- Vinification: Fermentation in steel with maceration on the skins for 7-8 days and malolactic fermentation in oak barrels. No filtrations
- Aging: 22 months in medium-toasted barriques
- Colour:Ruby red tending to garnet
- Scent:Very rich and complex, with notes of small wild berries, citrus peel, rose petals, noble woods and oriental spices
- Taste:Elegant, pretty, energic and juicy, long and agile