Barolo Riserva Monprivato Ca’ d’Morissio Giuseppe Mascarello 1995
Since time immemorial Nebbiolo has been the most highly-prized vine and the wine-growing emblem of Alba and the Langa, and when it is matched with a great wine-making terroir it is capable of expressing itself at sublime levels in wines of remarkable personality, intense bouquet, great smooth tannins, and outstanding possibilities of evolution and resistance over time.
The members of the Giuseppe Mascarello family have been growing wines for more than a century and a half, first as farmers running the Manescotto estate in the village of La Morra for the marchesa Giulia Colbert Faletti di Barolo, and then on their own property since the late 1800s.
The winery’s outstanding results have been achieved by our family’s application over decades of a series of rules and self-limits, including:
- very short winter pruning – from six to nine buds, depending on the vigour of each single vine;
- removal in spring of any less than perfect bunches;
- summer thinning of the grapes that could compromise each plant’s ability to ripen every bunch to perfection;
- production of no more than 6-6.5 tons of grapes per hectare;
- hand-picking, with grading and drastic cleaning performed in the vineyard, removing any imperfect grapes berry-by-berry.
BAROLO RISERVA MONPRIVATO CA’ D’MORISSIO
Vineyard: Monprivato®, in the village of Castiglione Falletto (CN)
Grape Harvest: Towards the middle of October.
Wine-making process: Estate-grown bunches, thinned during the summer, undergo traditional-style, floating cap fermentation for 25 days. The wine is then matured in medium-sized Slavonian oak barrels for around 40 months.
Expected cellar life: 15/25 years
Bottling: After six years following the vintage
Colour: garnet red with orange-coloured highlights;
Nose: complex, very fruity, elegant, intense, spicy, with flowery touches;
Taste: excellent body with power and stuffing, demanding, masculine, long, full.
Type of bottle: Albeisa
Serving temperature: approx. 18°
Storage: Lying down in cool, dark surroundings
Pairings: Red meats in general, game, mature cheeses.
|Amazon Wine Type||
|Uvinum Product Type||