BARBARESCO “IL BRICCO” 2005 PIO CESARE
Established in 1881, Pio Cesare, now run by fifth generation Pio Boffa, was one of the very first producers to believe in the potential and quality of the great wines of Piemonte and to export to the UK. A ceaseless devotion to the individuality of each of the region’s wines informs Pio’s choices in the vineyards and cellar. He applies a ‘minimal intervention’ philosophy to wine making, creating wines that year after year, are ranked among the world’s best wines.
BARBARESCO “IL BRICCO”
The Barbaresco “Il Bricco” is an energic and structured wine that is very pretty and elegant, produced from a single vineyard called Cascina Il Bricco in Treiso.
- VINEYARDS: Sourced from three different plots from our family vineyard Cascina Il Bricco, located in the village of Treiso. A meticulous selection of very ripe grapes.
- VINIFICATION: In stainless steel tanks at quite high temperatures. Skin contact maceration for 25 days.
- AGEING: In oak “botte” for about 30 months; a small amount in French oak for the first 18 months.
- NOTES: Big, powerful structure, rich with ripe fruit. Soft and spicy. Sweet and ripe tannins. Very long life. Very small quantity produced
- Colour: Bright garnet red
- Scent: Rich, complex and elegant, with scents of cherries, red berries, balsamic herbs, sweet and oriental spices
- Taste: Structured, fresh and juicy, energic and elegant, with fine and lively tannins and a long persistence