Masciarelli Ris. Marina Cvetic Trebbiano d’Abruzzo 2018
The roots in the local context
MASCIARELLI Tenute Agricole was established in 1981 from the entrepreneurial intuition of Gianni Masciarelli, a symbol of Italian wine and protagonist of the success of modern wine production in Abruzzo. The beating heart of the winery is in San Martino sulla Marrucina, in the province of Chieti, and includes vineyards and olive groves, in all 4 provinces of Abruzzo.
Wine production – while also having a small production of extra virgin olive oil – now has 18 labels and five product lines: Classic Line, Gianni Masciarelli, Villa Gemma, Marina Cvetic, and Castello di Semivicoli.
In the constant and renewed work for innovation, but with respect for the environment and tradition, Masciarelli inaugurated, after a long restoration, Castello di Semivicoli, a seventeenth-century baronial mansion, which is now a Relais de Charme in the vineyards, a driving force of wine tourism in the area.
TREBBIANO D’ABRUZZO RIS. MARINA CVETIC
The wine line at the very heart of Masciarelli’s history. The private and professional bond between Gianni and Marina originated the line bearing her name in 1991. Consisting of 6 references, Marina Cvetic line is characterized by the presence of international grapes in purity (Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah and Chardonnay) beside Montepulciano and Trebbiano. Full bodied and elegant, Marina Cvetic wines offer an original expression of Abruzzo oenological production and a “lone voice” for the most demanding winelovers.
- Colour: Golden yellow
- Scent: Aroma of broom, ripe tropical fruit, caramel, almonds and honey
- Taste: Fresh and soft, almost smoky
- Tre Bicchieri 1998 – 2001
- 5 Grappoli (AIS Duemilavini 2005) / Marina Cvetic 2002
- 5 Grappoli (AIS Duemilavini 2007) / Marina Cvetic 2004
- Parker, points 90 / Marina Cvetic 2006
- Parker, points 92 / Marina Cvetic 2007
- Wine Enthusiast, points 93 / Marina Cvetic 2004
- Silver Medals London International Wine Challenge 2008 / Marina Cvetic 2005
- Silver Medal “Decanter World Wine Awards ’08” / Marina Cvetic 2005
- “Super Tre Stelle” Guida Oro I Vini Veronelli 2009 / Marina Cvetic 2006
- Netherland’s Best White Wine 2009 / Marina Cvetic 2007