BAROLO 2019 CIABOT MENTIN GINESTRA DOMENICO CLERICO
THE WINERY – CLERICO
The winery of Domenico Clerico was founded in 1978 in Monforte d’Alba, in the heart of the Langhe, when he inherited from his father a 3 hectare vineyard and a small farm, which until then had been limited to cultivate vines and fruit trees.
Domenico loves his land and aware of its enormous potential, he decides that he will produce the wine and began buying vineyards in the best crus of the area cultivated with Nebbiolo. Listen to the advice of the old men, who have spent a lifetime in between the rows, and look for land to be placed between 150 and 450 meters above sea level, with a south-west exposure, because the experience from generation to generation teaches that those are the best conditions to get good grapes. So in 1977 he purchased a small vineyard in the heart of Bussia, then another 83 in the cru Ginestra, and in ’95 the third cru vineyard in the Mosconi.
The wines are Barolo overtime, all different, that accurately reflect the characteristics of the terroir from which they come, as the Ciabot Mentin, the Pajana, the Percristina and Aeroplanservaj. A lot of effort, a lot of work in the vineyard and in the cellar and an unwavering enthusiasm in wanting to get better and better, lead the cellar of Domenico Clerico to impose its fantastic wines in the world.
BAROLO CIABOT MENTIN GINESTRA
- Vineyards: On soils rich of clay and limestone, on vines over 50 years old
- Vinification: Maceration for 20-30 days
- Aging: 24-30 months in barrique for 80% new and 20% second passage
- Philosophy of production: Indigenous yeasts, Independent Winegrowners
- Colour: Intense garnet red
- Scent:Notes of red berries, cherry and fruit in alcohol
- Taste:Full, harmonious, round, robust, significant and persistent
There are no reviews yet.