DOMENICO CLERICO Barolo Pajana 2019
The winery of Domenico Clerico was founded in 1978 in Monforte d’Alba, in the heart of the Langhe, when he inherited from his father a 3 hectare vineyard and a small farm, which until then had been limited to cultivate vines and fruit trees.
Domenico loves his land and aware of its enormous potential, he decides that he will produce the wine and began buying vineyards in the best crus of the area cultivated with Nebbiolo. Listen to the advice of the old men, who have spent a lifetime in between the rows, and look for land to be placed between 150 and 450 meters above sea level, with a south-west exposure, because the experience from generation to generation teaches that those are the best conditions to get good grapes. So in 1977 he purchased a small vineyard in the heart of Bussia, then another 83 in the cru Ginestra, and in ’95 the third cru vineyard in the Mosconi.
The wines are Barolo overtime, all different, that accurately reflect the characteristics of the terroir from which they come, as the Ciabot Mentin, the Pajana, the Percristina and Aeroplanservaj. A lot of effort, a lot of work in the vineyard and in the cellar and an unwavering enthusiasm in wanting to get better and better, lead the cellar of Domenico Clerico to impose its fantastic wines in the world.
- Vineyards: In the cru Ginestra, on soils rich of clay and limestone, on vines at least 40 years old
- Vinification: Maceration for 20-30 days
- Aging: 24-30 months in barrique for the 80% new and for the 20% second passage
- Philosophy of production: Indigenous yeasts, Independent Winegrowners
- Colour:Intense garnet red
- Scent:Notes of coffee and cocoa, with a reference to the berries and dried flowers
- Taste:Powerful, with intense tannins, very persistent
There are no reviews yet.