Piemonte Moscato Passito – Albarosa – Beppe Marino
Piemonte Moscato Passito Beppe Marino
- A long tradition unites Beppe Marino and his family to hillside vineyards and the calm attraction of the wine cellar. The roots have a firm hold in wine lands located between the Langhe and Monferrato districts of Piedmont, at Santo Stefano Belbo.
Evidence of these roots is found in the form of the large farmhouse, the vineyards and a small but technically remarkable winery: all passionately and enthusiastically run by Beppe Marino, his wife Rosalba and their son Maurizio, to create the real stars of the winery: the wines.
- The company is run at artisan level to offer customers wines produced exclusively from estate-owned grapes.
The Marino family cultivates vines high (400 metres above sea level) on the hills of Santo Stefano Belbo, Mango d’Alba and Castelnuovo Calcea, where it owns 12 hectares of vineyards in Valdivilla, Marini, Riforno and Momparone, areas renowned for the cultivation of grapes.
- This wine comes from the intuition and the desire to test the Moscato grapes from the vineyards of Valdivilla: small clusters, very healthy, patiently hung in the sun by Rosalba (hence the name “Albarosa”).
- Golden yellow, very strong and tending to amber.
- Aromatic scent with hints of dried Moscato grapes, honey, vanilla, sage, moss, lime and rosemary.
- Sweet, warm, with a complex structure
- The grapes are dried on selected rows sheltered from the rain, then gentle pressed: a cold maceration of the
grapes for two days follows. The must is cleanup with filtration, and then the fermentation at a controlled temperature of 16 ° C starts. When it reached about 2% alcohol, you put the product in barrels where it finishes the fermentation. The length of the fermentation and of the aging in oak barrels depends on the year: usually it lasts for 5-6 months. At the end, it is put in stainless steel tanks for 2 months for a new aging, then the wine is cleaned and put into sterilized bottles.
- Excellent with fermented cheese (gorgonzola) or to be consumed in meditation.
|Amazon Wine Type||
|Uvinum Product Type||